New user, please take the time to login or sign up today!

advertisement

Old Jan 24 '13, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sobirvs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Answered: DHT and Peer Exchange active

Hey,

I am an old private tracker user. And as far as I know, DHT is supposed to be disabled for private trackers.

Now Most of the time I download DDR torrent releases only, and I use uTorrent 2.2.1 and when I load up the .torrent file to uTorrent, I get alot of peers connected. When I check the "Trackers" tab it shows this :

That shows (596) peers active BUT desitorrents torrent search says

so it's very much clear that somehow DHT or peer exchange or w/e shows that I am somehow connected to some kind of public tracker leechers or something like that.

Now I tried loading up the same .torrent to "deluge" torrent client and here's the image for that.

So this means deluge is connecting to the correct seeders/peers.

I think somehow DDR is not clicking to "Private torrent" when creating .torrent from uT or rtorrent for that matter. or May be something is wrong with my uTorrent?

But I think not, I have tried some other NON-DDR torrents from here and their tracker tab shows "DHT - Not allowed , P/E - Not allowed , Local Discovery - Not allowed "

I have tried other private ( Non desi ) trackers .torrents and I am not having any problems with that.

Please help how to not get connected to those DHT enabled users or I don't even know who those people are.

Best Answer - Posted by twentytwenty
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
I am an old private tracker user.
- If you are an old private tracker user you must know that you should disable DHT and PEX in uTorrent settings. You have not done that. Once you do that the issue will be solved. Follow this guide to configure uTorrent : http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/t...kstart-250764/ . In the 3rd screenshot of that guide I have "Ask tracker for scrape information" checked....that will show the seeders and leechers even when torrent is paused or stopped.

- Deluge was able to connect properly because it is configured properly.

- You were having DHT 'not allowed' on other torrents because they are ticked for "Private Torrent" while this torrent in the example you showed isn't.

- Heres my screenshot of the same torrent: http://imgit.me/i/0i9r9y3.png . It displays and connects correctly because I have DHT and PEX turned off in uTorrent settings.
Old Jan 24 '13, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

twentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond repute
twentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond repute
Provided Answers: 82
Default Re: DHT and Peer Exchange active

Please help how to not get connected to those DHT enabled users or I don't even know who those people are.
You cannot. The desitorrents tracker is very basic and it hasn't been coded to disable DHT and PEX. I have noticed what you have explained many times but theres nothing you can do about it.

Btw, none of the images you posted are showing. Imgur blocks torrent sites, so images hosted on Imgur don't get displayed.

All the other torrents posted by me so far : Click Here

HDBits - The HighDefinition Bittorrent Community
Old Jan 25 '13, 05:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by twentytwenty View Post
You cannot. The desitorrents tracker is very basic and it hasn't been coded to disable DHT and PEX. I have noticed what you have explained many times but theres nothing you can do about it.

Btw, none of the images you posted are showing. Imgur blocks torrent sites, so images hosted on Imgur don't get displayed.
I don't know about desitorrents , as actually this problem was never in the past ( or may be I haven't noticed it ever ? ) but deluge client don't connect / show the un necessary peers sow what that tells us?

and about the pics, actually 2 of my friends have seen this thread already and they did see the images, probably something is wrong on your end. I'm able to see the images too.

Also, afaik, coding tracker is related to dht and stuff? I thought when making the .torrent file , if you click on "private torrent" it automatically disables DHT and stuff. I can be wrong here though not sure about this 100%.
Old Jan 25 '13, 06:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

twentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond repute
twentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond reputetwentytwenty has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about desitorrents , as actually this problem was never in the past ( or may be I haven't noticed it ever ? ) but deluge client don't connect / show the un necessary peers sow what that tells us?

and about the pics, actually 2 of my friends have seen this thread already and they did see the images, probably something is wrong on your end. I'm able to see the images too.

Also, afaik, coding tracker is related to dht and stuff? I thought when making the .torrent file , if you click on "private torrent" it automatically disables DHT and stuff. I can be wrong here though not sure about this 100%.
- No idea about how Deluge behaves.

- Your friends can see the pics? Umm, I hope someone else can confirm that and post so that I can something about it if its at my end. You will see the images because you are the one who posted it...thats normal.

- Clicking "Private torrent" does disable DHT but from what I hear it can be coded into the tracker to to disable DHT and PEX by default.

Old Jan 25 '13, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

- No idea about how Deluge behaves.

- Your friends can see the pics? Umm, I hope someone else can confirm that and post so that I can something about it if its at my end. You will see the images because you are the one who posted it...thats normal.

- Clicking "Private torrent" does disable DHT but from what I hear it can be coded into the tracker to to disable DHT and PEX by default.
Well I think deluge is behaving as it is supposed to behave in a "private tracker" such as desitorrents.

well if ya can't see the pics , then here's the direct links :

http://imgit.me/i/1d5B6M9.png
http://imgit.me/i/5y5i9u4.png
http://imgit.me/i/2z3m5N4.png

The main thing is I'm a member of a private tracker ( desitorrents ) and why should I be seeding to people who don't belong here. I'm very sure my upload bandwidth is going to public tracker leechers that sucks up my upload speeds and don't give good download speeds.

If you try some other torrent here ( Non - DDR ) , you will find that in trackers tab of uT , DHT/P-E/LD are all "Not alloweD" as default. So I'm pretty sure it's related to selecting "Private torrent" when making .torrent file which DDR team isn't doing , but then again they are the pro's here, they know what they are doing. So I am confused now whose fault this is.

It will be great if a staffer can respond here.
Old Jan 25 '13, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

DDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond reputeDDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond reputeDDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond reputeDDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond repute
DDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond reputeDDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond reputeDDRsAdmirer™ has a reputation beyond repute
Provided Answers: 1

Well I think deluge is behaving as it is supposed to behave in a "private tracker" such as desitorrents.

well if ya can't see the pics , then here's the direct links :

http://i.imgur.com/i50GqzS.png
http://i.imgur.com/XEjlaYT.png
http://i.imgur.com/dpo06lm.png

The main thing is I'm a member of a private tracker ( desitorrents ) and why should I be seeding to people who don't belong here. I'm very sure my upload bandwidth is going to public tracker leechers that sucks up my upload speeds and don't give good download speeds.

If you try some other torrent here ( Non - DDR ) , you will find that in trackers tab of uT , DHT/P-E/LD are all "Not alloweD" as default. So I'm pretty sure it's related to selecting "Private torrent" when making .torrent file which DDR team isn't doing , but then again they are the pro's here, they know what they are doing. So I am confused now whose fault this is.

It will be great if a staffer can respond here.
I too am unable to see the images or screenshots. imgur never opens up on my side. It might have country restrictions hence use imageshack or even postimage. I always get an error message "403 - forbidden"

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Just add some more info to my earlier reply. After searching the web, I found out that imgur doesnt allow hotlinking to certain sites. And also doesnt allow its images to be opened when the its url is clicked from a webiste which isnt right according to its TOS. Hence just copy the url and paste it in new tab/new window and the image appears. But clicking the link or choosing to right click and then open image in a new window would also not show the image. This has happened earlier with mediafire too. If a mediafire link is pasted here in the forum and it is clicked it will give some error. If we copy the url and paste in another tab or window , we can download the file.

My suggestion, boycott imgur
Old Jan 25 '13, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

rdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura aboutrdisher has a spectacular aura about

firefox mei imgur forbidden dikhata hei. chrome mei bhi ek baar bolta hei,but if u reload the link,it shows up
Old Jan 25 '13, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Changed my image host.

These are the images.

http://imgit.me/i/1d5B6M9.png
http://imgit.me/i/5y5i9u4.png
http://imgit.me/i/2z3m5N4.png

Also, copy/pasting the imgur link to another tab "should" open the images now. ANyhow, hopefully imgit won't disappoint
Old Jan 25 '13, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Can see the images now. Not sure how your friends were able to see the images coz Imgur is clearly blocking DesiTorrents. Please find out if your 2 friends have some work around where Imgur images can be seen on desitorrents and let us know.

In the first image, the number in the bracket is the number of peers on the torrent and not necessarily you are connected to. In uTorrent, in the "Peers" tab, theres something called Flags. 'D', 'd', 'U', 'u', 'S', 'I' are the common flags you see. Check if are getting "H" over there.

As for the 2nd image, how many DHT Nodes can you see in the taskbar of your utorrent?

Old Jan 25 '13, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Can see the images now. Not sure how your friends were able to see the images coz Imgur is clearly blocking DesiTorrents. Please find out if your 2 friends have some work around where Imgur images can be seen on desitorrents and let us know.

In the first image, the number in the bracket is the number of peers on the torrent and not necessarily you are connected to. In uTorrent, in the "Peers" tab, theres something called Flags. 'D', 'd', 'U', 'u', 'S', 'I' are the common flags you see. Check if are getting "H" over there.

As for the 2nd image, how many DHT Nodes can you see in the taskbar of your utorrent?
As for the image, I like, uploaded them to imgur firstly and then linked my friends to the thread and they were able to see everything. But soon after I made some privacy settings to my imgur account and I didn't know that it will apply to every image I had uploaded

Now about the first pic and the peers. Now what I did was, I added the torrent ( probably the 3-4th time and I didn't gave it time to connect to most peers , I screen-capped it immediately and that's why you can only see I'm connected to 5 peers. Otherwise it's most of the time around 40 to 50 peers connected from the total (596) you see on the first pic. Anyways, if You see the 2nd pic , it says 107 seeders and 55 leechers , now 55 leechers right , but even if we add up these i.e 162 which is not even close to the peers I'm seeing on uTorrent which is 596 so it's definitely I'm somehow connected to public tracker or some peers of them.

Anyhow, about the DHT nodes, I don't remember how many it was that time , but here's the fresh pic of the same torrent I just captured. ( Note: I have already downloaded that torrent's data with the help of deluge as it was just connecting me to real peers of desitorrents. )

Now on this pic, there are 1117 peers from which I'm connected to 34. So for sure these are unknown peers or may be some guy from desitorrents has probably posted his .torrent file to a public tracker. I'm not sure though. But this happens mostly on DDR torrents. I have tried some like 10 more torrents ( NON-DDR ) and only 1 out of those 10 had this DHT problem. Other 9 torrents had "Not -Allowed" message on their status window of "tracker" tab of uTorrent.
Old Jan 25 '13, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am an old private tracker user.
- If you are an old private tracker user you must know that you should disable DHT and PEX in uTorrent settings. You have not done that. Once you do that the issue will be solved. Follow this guide to configure uTorrent : http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/t...kstart-250764/ . In the 3rd screenshot of that guide I have "Ask tracker for scrape information" checked....that will show the seeders and leechers even when torrent is paused or stopped.

- You were having DHT 'not allowed' on other torrents because they are ticked for "Private Torrent" while this torrent in the example you showed isn't.

- Heres my screenshot of the same torrent: http://imgit.me/i/0i9r9y3.png . It displays and connects correctly because I have DHT and PEX turned off in uTorrent settings.

Old Jan 26 '13, 07:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Actually I did have that thing in mind ( disabling DHT and stuff ) when I made this thread but it didn't solve the matter. This is how I did it - I did disable DHT/P/E and all, I remember doing that and when I played the torrent again it still showed my the unwanted peers. But what i did that time was like this:
Played the torrent - torrent downloaded 3-4 % - then I disabled DHT/P/E to the same torrent but it still showed me the unwanted peers.
Now as you told me , I tried it again, and this time I started the .torrent with DHT/P/E already disabled and this time I didn't not connect to unwanted peers. I guess I had to delete the .torrent last time from uT and add it again so that it can reset the peers.

And yes I'm an old user and though tracker's FAQ do tell us to disable DHT but actually it's not necessary as It is not allowed by default anyways. And like once in a while I do download some stuff from public trackers ( hard to find stuff ).
Also, I do disable the DHT and stuff but didn't do this time as I formatted the HDD couple of days back and forgot to disable it again. Btw not ticking "Private torrent" and uploading it here isn't violating the rules , as It is supposed to be like that way. Anyhow, the matter is cleared.

Also I checked the guide you linked and I have couple of things different from the screenshots provided on that guide, I have marked them in red rectangular ( these settings are different from the thread ya linked to me ), can ya tell me what they are necessary for as I didn't really wanted to mess with uT default settings, I thought may be it can reduce my speeds.

So here's those couple of screenshots:

Old Jan 26 '13, 07:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

In the first screenshot, the first 2 red boxes are fine. The third is an individual preference. I have it at 500. If you upload torrents, you will have to increase that "Upload slots per torrent" from 4 to atleast 10.

In the 2nd screenshot, I have that red box shown as unticked.

Old Jan 26 '13, 07:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Ok, thanks. This can be closed @staff.

advertisement

Tags
active, dht, exchange, peer

« Translate PERSEVERANCE into Hindi | Unable to donate on January 2013 »